Experience Healing at a Deeper Level
True healing can not be accomplished superficially. Man’s remedies alone are nothing more than a list of do’s and don’ts that are, if anything, temporal. True change is an inside job that can only be accomplished through help coming from the One that created you. The One who put you together can and certainly will fix you. Click here for additional information.
The Counseling Approach
My approach is an evidenced-based Spirit led, clinical process that takes each client on a personal journey to find the self-destructing rooted issues housed within the heart. There are defining reasons why people do what they do and these culprits need to be accessed, assessed and properly processed to experience true life change. Clients are treated through a holistic process that focuses on the physical body, emotional wounds, relationships, families, addiction, spiritual warfare and the essential nature of God’s redemptive formulas which include:
- Assess truth with love– Understanding the problem at a systemic level marks the beginning of all change (body, soul and spirit). We utilize a variety of assessment material and tools to reveal the problems for the purpose of applying a remedy. Truth, as revealed by the Holy Spirit, is the gift that opens the doorway to freedom. We believe it is the life-line of all potential change. We talk language of the heart, and allow people to present their needs and situations authentically, in a nonjudgmental, non-condemning atmosphere.
- Treat Root Causes– There are absolute reasons for addictive behavior, and with those reasons come real, actual solutions – physical, emotional, mental and spiritual. We assess issues of the past to identify wounds, triggers, patterns and areas of trauma. However, we don’t stay in the past. We walk back only to reclaim areas of the heart that were under the influence of lies and hurts. Healing requires feeling, which means part of the process is to face and feel feelings that had been previously medicated, buried, or stuffed. All remedy comes from the power of forgiveness and the reality of God’s constant presence and grace doing for us what we cannot do for ourselves. Thus, all revelation gained about past injuries will contain a redemptive focus.
- Equip– Life skills teach men and women how to walk out the Christian life practically. Goals, planning and other tools allow men and women to leave prepared with practical, real ways to walk out a life of sobriety. Spiritual growth and intimacy with God is encouraged through the structure of devotional and worship time.
- Identify Triggers– Triggers must be identified before an effective relapse prevention plan can be implemented. This plan will include ongoing recovery support. No matter how successful treatment may be, these triggers contain potential risks, and they must be openly discussed and validated with a clearly defined plan of action in place.
- Develop Relationship Skills – God created us to live in relationships. My goal is to inject new relationship tools that will allow the addict to begin to approach relationships from a new and fresh perspective. We support healthy families and marriages, and believe it’s God’s heart to implement reconciliation processes.
- Plan for Life– A comprehensive plan is written and reviewed with family members (if applicable) to assure the safety, security, boundary structure, expectations and accountability needs of the addict and family members involved.
Personal Application: Recovery is learning there is an actual solution, a pathway to freedom, and then applying it. There is an additional piece to the equation, a Helper, and He is the only One able to implement true inner healing and true change (a process called transformation). His name is Jesus!
Being an active participant in your recovery is a necessity. Clients engage in a personalized process that is initiated by completing an information gathering assignment. The assessment outcomes will provide what is necessary to produce a viable treatment plan. Clients must commit to being completely engaged in all aspects of their objectives. By doing so, they will experience freedom and an understanding of themselves through the perspective of God’s heart.
Your Physical Health and Wellness also Matters
Taking care of your body is an important part of the recovery process. Years of physically abusing it can hinder it’s ability to properly function in many ways. We work with a specialist to uncover potentially damaged areas needing nutrition and diet adjustments. This component is available for an additional fee. Click here for additional Health & Wellness information.